Skype is updated to version 2.5 for our Android device, in total there are 41 compatible devices, with some pretty interesting developments as the introduction of new sopported devices, and video calls now supported in portrait and landscape.
- 14 additional devices whitelisted for video calling.
- Video calls now supported in portrait and landscape. Double-tap to zoom.
- Revised Recent view – conversations now grouped around your contacts.
- Improved support for Bluetooth headsets.
- In-client advertising. (Advertising will not be shown to users that have Skype
- Credit, a Calling or Skype Premium subscription.)
- It is possible to edit and delete IM messages.
- Skype will no longer restart in the background when you sign out.
These are the 14 new supported devices:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- HTC Nexus One
- HTC Shooter
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Live with Walkman
- Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V
- LG Optimus Black
- LG Optimus 3D
- LG Optimus 2x
- Motorola Photon
- Motorola Droid 3
- Motorola Bionic
- Motorola Xoom
- Motorola Atrix
- Acer Iconia