Hangouts for Android, the application that replaces Google Talk, just received a new update to get that fix the problems that had appeared in the previous version with sending and receiving MMS. Moreover, with the new version 2.0.2 we can turn off group messaging (MMS) in Settings to send SMS to multiple people.
Hangouts for Android – Description:
Hangouts brings one-on-one and group conversations to life with photos, emoji, and video calls for free. Connect with friends across computers, Android and Apple devices. Brought to you by Google.
● Say more with photos and emoji.
● See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
● Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
● Message friends anytime, even if they’re not connected right now.
● Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.
More Hangouts awesomeness:
● Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
● Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point
● See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
● Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
● View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
● Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
● Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support “invisible” status.
Hangouts for Android v2.0.2 – Changelog:
- Fixes for MMS sending/receiving
- You can turn off group messaging (MMS) in Settings to send SMS to multiple people
Google Hangouts for Android is available for free on Google Play.
Download | Google Play