Google Goggles, the visual search application, is updated to version 1.7.1 for any device with Android 2.1 or higher, with improvements in Continuous Mode and recognition text in a document and return a link to its online version.
Instead of using words, take a picture of an object with your camera phone: we attempt to recognize the object, and return relevant search results. Goggles can also recognize English, French, Italian, German and Spanish words and allow you to translate to other languages.
- Scan barcodes and QR codes
- Recognize famous landmarks
- Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- Scan text using Optical Character Recognition
- Recognize paintings, books, dvd, cds, and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles
- Don’t store inaccurate locations for queries in search history.
- Show the description field for user-submitted results.
- Don’t crash when loading large bitmaps.
- Performance improvements in continuous mode.
Google Goggles is available free at Android Market.
Android Market | Google Goggles