Google Goggles, the visual search application, is updated to version 1.6 for any device with Android 2.1 or higher. Now we can now set up Google Goggles to automatically run on photos taken with our camera app.
Instead of using words, take a picture of an object with your camera phone: we attempt to recognize the object, and return relevant search results. Goggles can also recognize English, French, Italian, German and Spanish words and allow you to translate to other languages.
- Scan barcodes and QR codes
- Recognize famous landmarks
- Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- Scan text using Optical Character Recognition
- Recognize paintings, books, dvd, cds, and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles
- Search from the Camera. You can now set up Google Goggles to automatically run on photos taken with your camera app.
- Goggles can now respond to barcode intents.
Google Goggles is available free at Android Market