ESET Mobile Security is an antivirus for our Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy 3, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Player or any device with Android 2.1 or higher, of NOD32. This is a Beta version, but with some interesting features and functions.
- Proactive threat protection. Protect your smartphone with ESET’s heuristics detection that alerts you to any suspicious activity on your phone. All applications, files, folders, and SD memory cards are continually scanned for trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, spam, and other attacks with ESET’s proactive heuristics technology.
- Anti-theft security system:
- Remote Lock—Lock the phone remotely to prevent unauthorized access to your phone’s data
- GPS Localization—Locate your lost or stolen phone with a remote command
- Remote Wipe—Wipe all personal information from your phone if it is lost or stolen with a single text message
- Security audit with built-in task manager. Monitor all vital phone functions, including battery life, free disk space, running processes, Bluetooth, and device visibility. Take action on the spot, including terminating any processes that raise your smartphone’s risk profile.
- Uninstall protection. Secure your smartphone against unauthorized uninstallation of ESET Mobile Security (available for Android version 2.2 or higher).
- Call intercept. Block unwanted incoming and outgoing calls. This powerful tool is especially useful for parents looking to control their child’s phone bills.
- SMS/MMS antispam. Define trustworthy contacts via customizable black or whitelist or simply block message traffic from unknown numbers.
You can download ESET Mobile Security Beta for free from here or from the link below:
To learn more about QR codes, click here.